EUROCLIO invites university students and recently graduates to apply for a traineeship position to enrich their knowledge with the practical experience of working for an International NGO in the field of History Education. EUROCLIO accepts and considers applications for traineeships on a rolling basis. Interested? Send your CV and motivation letter to Judith Geerling (Senior Project Manager).
Standard traineeship periods are for a period of 4-6 months. We might consider extending the traineeship period up to one year based on the experience and needs. For the internship to be most successful, we require a minimum of a 4-day, but preferable a 5-day working week. We provide the trainee with a working space that includes a desk and computer in our office, which is located in The Hague. There is an allowance available of € 400 per month on average, depending on the working week. If needed, we can cover the travel costs to travel back and forth to The Hague up to € 100 a month.
EUROCLIO is always looking for trainees and dedicated students that:
- Are in the final stage of their University Bachelor degree, in their Master degree or recently graduated;
- Have a background in History, History Education and/or International Cooperation/Relations;
- Have skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Are flexible, motivated and are able to work independently;
- Are fluent in English (written and spoken).
Knowledge of additional languages, website management (including CMS, WordPress) and design skills are considered an asset.
We are looking for the following traineeship positions
- Project & Event Management Trainee: the bulk of the work done by EUROCLIO happens in the form of projects. In this traineeship you will specifically be involved in several of our projects, supporting in logistics, agenda setting, contact with partners and team members, reporting, and work on outputs. Additionally you will be involved in event management including project meetings and international training seminars organised by EUROCLIO.
- Historiana Trainee: you will contribute to the Historiana online learning platform of EUROCLIO. This will be done in the form of development of source collections for the Historiana platform, making use of Europeana content. Europeana is the EU digital platform for cultural heritage. This entails research of possible topics for source collections, feasibility checks of source collections on Europeana, support to the board of Historiana Content editors in finding sources to make and complete source collections for the online modules. Depending on the interest and needs this also entails project management of the projects feeding into Historiana, and outreach related to Historiana.
- Outreach & Communication Trainee: an important element of our organisation is reaching out to our network and relevant stakeholders. This includes making a monthly newsletter, administering social media accounts, specific mailings and in-depth articles for the website. Some knowledge of MailChimp and WordPress is an advantage, but not necessary.
What does the traineeship offer?
As a trainee, you will learn all about the world of an International NGO. You will get in touch with different institutions, donors, funding organisations, and international associations. Your tasks include communication with members and partners, networking, public announcements, fundraising, reporting, website management, contribution to the development of transnational source collections and historical content and all aspects of office, project and event management. Additionally, EUROCLIO provides:
- Standard traineeship periods are for a period of 4-6 months. For the internship to be most successful, we require a minimum of a 4-day, but preferable a 5-day working week;
- We provide the trainee with a working space that includes a desk and computer in our office in The Hague;
- Remuneration up to € 400 per month on average, depending on the working week;
- If necessary, we can cover local commuting costs up to € 100 a month.
We advise international students interested in a traineeship at EUROCLIO to explore the opportunity to obtain a Erasmus+ grant (or any other grant) through their universities. Applicants outside the European Union are required to obtain a work permit for The Netherlands. This is a quite costly procedure (around 800 euros), which EUROCLIO is unable to finance. Alternatively, applicants outside the European Union can apply for an unpaid traineeship of maximum 90 days (in that case you do not need a work permit).
In the past years enthusiastic students from the Netherlands, as well as from Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Nigeria, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States have worked as trainees for a period of 3 up to 6 months at the EUROCLIO Secretariat in The Hague. Discover the current trainees on our Trainees page or read the rich experiences of past trainees below.