The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce a call for applications for a webinar entitled "AKS Program for Textbook Specialists in Europe." AKS, a South Korean government-funded research institution, is planning to hold a webinar in which lectures about various aspects of Korea including history, art, and contemporary society are delivered and participants will present and discuss relevant topics. This program is designed for educating secondary school teachers, textbook authors, and college or university professors at the undergraduate level who are interested in Korea.
On the first day of the program, prominent Koreanists will deliver lectures about Korean history, inter-Korean relations, and Korean art. On the second day, participants will give presentations on and discuss education on Korea in European schools and Korea-related textbook or educational materials.
*All participants must have a webinar compatible application (For example ZOOM).
- 1st day: October 17, 2020 (Sat)
- 2nd day: October 18, 2020 (Sun)
■ Eligibility: Secondary school teachers, textbook authors, and college or university professors who:
- have an interest in teaching about Korea.
- have an interest in writing about Korea in textbooks or creating Korea-related educational materials.
■ How to Apply
- Applicants are required to complete and submit an application form that can be found here.
■ Application Deadline: August 14, 2020
- Successful applicants will be notified individually by early September 2020.
- Successful applicants must submit their presentation by October 4, 2020 and should attend the seminar and the lectures.
- Speakers will be paid an honorarium for their presentation.
■ Please note the following:
- Send applications to the following address email@example.com with the subject line “AKS Program for Textbook Specialists in Europe”.
- Submissions should be made electronically. All documents must be in PDF format.
- The file name should be: Last name, First name. For example: Bowie, David.
■ Further questions should be directed to Dr. Jaeyun Jeong via firstname.lastname@example.org