EuroClio partner the Robert Bosch Stiftung (RBS) are hosting a seminar in Berlin this week within the context of their ongoing project, “Truth, Justice, and Remembrance“. The project and seminar deal with issues of remembrance in conflict and post-conflict societies, addressing the fact that the way such societies remember conflict and tension from the past can impact the possibilities for maintaining peace in the present. The way in which people internalize and reproduce certain divisive narratives can hinder attempts at reconciliation, and the seminar intends to draw attention to the work of those that seek to challenge such interpretations of the past by advocating for a peaceful and inclusive culture of remembrance. In turn, the seminar aims to encourage international exchange of these attitudes and practices.
More from this category
No items found
- Towards a history education for the 21st Century: An interview with Dr. Jochen Hung September 23, 2021
- Online Workshop 25 September: Connecting to History through Graphic Novels September 22, 2021
- Contested Histories Podcast: Warsaw Uprising Museum September 21, 2021
- Dealing with the challenges of history teaching in an online and offline environment September 14, 2021
- Call for best practices: Global dimensions of national history and postcolonial history September 14, 2021