EuroClio partner the Robert Bosch Stiftung (RBS) are hosting a seminar in Berlin this week within the context of their ongoing project, “Truth, Justice, and Remembrance“. The project and seminar deal with issues of remembrance in conflict and post-conflict societies, addressing the fact that the way such societies remember conflict and tension from the past can impact the possibilities for maintaining peace in the present. The way in which people internalize and reproduce certain divisive narratives can hinder attempts at reconciliation, and the seminar intends to draw attention to the work of those that seek to challenge such interpretations of the past by advocating for a peaceful and inclusive culture of remembrance. In turn, the seminar aims to encourage international exchange of these attitudes and practices.
More from this category
No items found
- Statement on the murder of Samuel Paty October 21, 2020
- EuroClio’s response to the Consultation on Digital for Cultural Heritage October 19, 2020
- EuroClio’s Position on the Digital Education Action Plan 2020 of the European Commission October 19, 2020
- Historians without Borders Webinar “Direction of European History: Past and Future of an Illusion?” October 13, 2020
- Working together online on Historiana: A meeting of the different teams. October 13, 2020