EuroClio partner the Robert Bosch Stiftung (RBS) are hosting a seminar in Berlin this week within the context of their ongoing project, “Truth, Justice, and Remembrance“. The project and seminar deal with issues of remembrance in conflict and post-conflict societies, addressing the fact that the way such societies remember conflict and tension from the past can impact the possibilities for maintaining peace in the present. The way in which people internalize and reproduce certain divisive narratives can hinder attempts at reconciliation, and the seminar intends to draw attention to the work of those that seek to challenge such interpretations of the past by advocating for a peaceful and inclusive culture of remembrance. In turn, the seminar aims to encourage international exchange of these attitudes and practices.
More from this category
No items found
- Op-Ed: A Democracy Relies on a Critical Approach to the Past January 17, 2022
- THE THIN LINE between propaganda and fake news: a blog post January 6, 2022
- Call for Country Experts on Education January 5, 2022
- Seminar on Global and Postcolonial History Education December 17, 2021
- Crossing Borders: Following historical routes across national boundaries December 13, 2021