The national Parri Insitute was founded by Ferruccio Parri in 1949. Parri former deputy chief of staff of the Italian partisans network (CVL-Corpo Volontari della Libertà) from 1944 to 1945, was the Italian prime minister from June 1945 to December 1945. He created our Insitute in order to gather and study the documentary heritage left by CVL and CLNAI (Comitato di Liberazione Nazionale Alta Italia). During the last 70 years our institution contributed decisively with a huge amount of pubblications and original researches to the Italian scientific based historiography on contemporary period. The Institute, which inspires itself on the values expressed into the 1948 republican Constitution and on antifascist, democratic, liberal ideals as well as on cultural pluralism is nowadays leader of a network of more than 67 associate institutes, among these there is Parri Bologna Institute, already Euroclio full member. Besides publication of sources and essays concerning contemporary history study, the Insitute publishes a scientific peer reviewed journal “Italia Contemporanea” and a history didactic magazine on line: novecento.org. The Institute promotes by means of associated local institutes or by itself teacher training content as well as skill or competence based on many topics, citizenship included.
More from this category
No items found
- Exhibition Review: “Nazipropaganda voor de jeugd, 1933-1945” – Nationaal Onderwijsmuseum June 9, 2021
- Call For Authors: Learning History that is not yet History II June 7, 2021
- Another Family’s Starting Over: The Resourceful Glass Family of Paris and New York May 20, 2021
- Decolonizing Cultural Institutions in the Netherlands May 18, 2021
- Book review: White Privilege: The myth of a post-racial society May 17, 2021