The national Parri Insitute was founded by Ferruccio Parri in 1949. Parri former deputy chief of staff of the Italian partisans network (CVL-Corpo Volontari della Libertà) from 1944 to 1945, was the Italian prime minister from June 1945 to December 1945. He created our Insitute in order to gather and study the documentary heritage left by CVL and CLNAI (Comitato di Liberazione Nazionale Alta Italia). During the last 70 years our institution contributed decisively with a huge amount of pubblications and original researches to the Italian scientific based historiography on contemporary period. The Institute, which inspires itself on the values expressed into the 1948 republican Constitution and on antifascist, democratic, liberal ideals as well as on cultural pluralism is nowadays leader of a network of more than 67 associate institutes, among these there is Parri Bologna Institute, already Euroclio full member. Besides publication of sources and essays concerning contemporary history study, the Insitute publishes a scientific peer reviewed journal “Italia Contemporanea” and a history didactic magazine on line: novecento.org. The Institute promotes by means of associated local institutes or by itself teacher training content as well as skill or competence based on many topics, citizenship included.
More from this category
No items found
- A concise piece of history – a blogpost on the workshop on stamps of the ‘History that Connects – Sri Lanka’ initiative September 24, 2021
- Towards a history education for the 21st Century: An interview with Dr. Jochen Hung September 23, 2021
- Online Workshop 25 September: Connecting to History through Graphic Novels September 22, 2021
- Contested Histories Podcast: Warsaw Uprising Museum September 21, 2021
- Dealing with the challenges of history teaching in an online and offline environment September 14, 2021