The Moroccan Center for Civic Education is an independent NGO founded in 2004. It developed a strong administrative and programmatic capacity for expansion very soon after its initial establishment. Its mission is to train and educate younger generations to become responsible, effective and active citizens committed to democratic principles. By the end of 2005, the Moroccan Center for Civic Education had extended its rigorous teacher training and implementation civic education programs to five out of sixteen regions of Morocco. The Moroccan Center for Civic Education has been working closely with governmental and non-governmental organizations in eight of the sixteen regions. A partnership agreement with the Ministry of Education was signed during the 12th World Congress on Civic Education that got together 250 participants from over 55 countries.
More from this category
No items found
- A concise piece of history – a blogpost on the workshop on stamps of the ‘History that Connects – Sri Lanka’ initiative September 24, 2021
- Towards a history education for the 21st Century: An interview with Dr. Jochen Hung September 23, 2021
- Online Workshop 25 September: Connecting to History through Graphic Novels September 22, 2021
- Contested Histories Podcast: Warsaw Uprising Museum September 21, 2021
- Dealing with the challenges of history teaching in an online and offline environment September 14, 2021