The purpose of the International Society for History Didactics is to promote the academic research and teaching of history didactics, focusing on issues related to historical thinking and consciousness, learning and teaching history, historical culture, and the education of history teachers. Our society functions as a forum for communication and cooperation between history didacticians in the five continents. It organizes international conferences, publishes a yearbook and other publications, and cooperates with national and regional groups and with other international research associations in order to support the development of history education and related fields, such as civic education.
More from this category
No items found
- A concise piece of history – a blogpost on the workshop on stamps of the ‘History that Connects – Sri Lanka’ initiative September 24, 2021
- Towards a history education for the 21st Century: An interview with Dr. Jochen Hung September 23, 2021
- Online Workshop 25 September: Connecting to History through Graphic Novels September 22, 2021
- Contested Histories Podcast: Warsaw Uprising Museum September 21, 2021
- Dealing with the challenges of history teaching in an online and offline environment September 14, 2021