EuroClio is looking for schools, universities, and teacher training institutes that would be interested in joining forces to create an Erasmus+ Teacher Academy, and we are currently collecting expressions of interest with deadline 27 July.
Erasmus+ Teacher Academies are one of the new sets of activities that the EU will fund under the new Erasmus+ Programme. They have been launched in response to the recent surge in studies that reveal how teachers, and especially subject teachers:
- Do not feel valued in their role
- Feel they do not receive enough training (especially related to some key challenges such as teaching to students with special education needs).
- Would like to receive more international training
Broadly speaking, an Erasmus+ Teacher Academy will consist of a group of training or practice schools, initial teacher training institutes, and continued professional development providers. Together, they are part of a project that focuses on digital education / inclusive education / sustainability and that provides quality training opportunities to teachers.
EuroClio we would like to apply for funding to carry out a project that focuses on inclusive education and that develops a training module on teaching inclusive education for ITTIs and two Continued Professional Development Courses.
We are now looking for partners to join forces in this project.
In particular, we are looking for institutes that are:
- Based in the EU or in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Republic of Turkey;
- A training or practice school OR an initial teacher training institute OR a provider of continued professional development according to your national legislation;
- Experienced in inclusive education or willing to learn more about inclusive education;
- Available in the period 20 August to 03 September for three meetings on the project and to give feedback to the project proposal;
- Available in the period 01 April 2022 to 31 March 2025 to work together on this project, should we be granted it.
If your institute or association is interested in this opportunity, we would love if you could send us an email expressing your interest by Tuesday 27 July at 17:00 (Amsterdam Time).