Then, we encourage you to apply to become a Member of the EuroClio Board. To apply, please read carefully this document, and fill in the form that you can find at this link by Thursday 25 February at 13:00 CET.
As a member-driven organization, EuroClio is led by a General Assembly, an elected international Board of volunteers (governance experts and history educators) and run by a professional Secretariat. The Board acts as a Supervisory Board, tasked with the overall responsibility for governing the organisation and to ensure wide and successful implementation of its core mission.
The Board supervises the work of the Director, who manages the Secretariat. The Board and Secretariat work together in a Finance and a Membership Committee and meet at least 3 times a year.
Board roles include:
- Fundraising beyond the “traditional” public (at present mainly EU) grants;
- Working with the Secretariat and members to develop and deliver our vision;
- A supervisory role overseeing the Secretariat in a monitoring and accountability role;
- Maintaining member relations and building individual membership.
The EuroClio Board is composed of 5 members, who are elected for a period of 3 years, with the possibility to be re-elected once. On 10 April 2021, current EuroClio President Riitta Mikkola will terminate her second mandate, and a new Board Member will be elected by the General Assembly.
We are looking for Members of the EuroClio Board that are:
- Practicing History Educators with a special interest in promoting critical and historical thinking skills;
- Experienced in the governance of local history teachers’ associations;
- Committed to the promotion of EuroClio’s Mission and Vision as expressed in the EuroClio Manifesto;
- Interested in contributing to steer EuroClio’s activities and strategies in the coming years;
- Able to join regular online and in person meetings, for a minimum of three in person meetings per year (under regular conditions);
- Able to represent EuroClio at national and international events;
- Additional governance or fundraising experience is an asset.
However, please do not be afraid to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes. EuroClio is first and foremost interested into education, and we will be glad to help you learn more about the Association’s governance and the work of the Board.
- The possibility to participate in international Board Meetings, including visits to EuroClio Members and Partners Across Europe;
- The possibility to participate in the EuroClio Annual Conference throughout the mandate as a Board Member;
- A view of how are EuroClio activities and strategies established and managed;
- The possibility to steer EuroClio toward the future;
- The possibility to join one of the Board Committee, gaining specific experience on (1) finances, (2) members and policy management, (3) fundraising.
To apply, please fill in the Board Application form that you can find at this link by Thursday 25 February at 13:00 CET.
In the form, you are asked to touch upon:
- Your biography;
- How you would contribute to EuroClio’s work;
- Your relevant fields of expertise, including in governance.
Board Members are selected by the General Assembly. In 2021, the selection process will follow these steps:
- The EuroClio Secretariat will collect applications until Thursday 25 February at 13:00 CET;
- Applicants will be contacted by the Secretariat should any follow up information be needed, by Friday 05 March;
- Relevant information on the applicants (biography and motivation) will be published in the official documents of the General Assembly, on Wednesday 10 March;
- The voting procedures will take place during the General Assembly, which will take place online on Saturday 10 April, starting from 14:00 CET. We will elect ONE Board Member;
- The newly elected board member will be invited to join the first Board Meeting, which will take place in the week following the General Assembly (12-18 April).
For additional information on the EuroClio Board, visit the EuroClio website. For more information on the application procedure, reach out to Alice Modena at email@example.com. For more information on the role and responsibilities of a Board Member, reach out to Board President Riitta Mikkola at firstname.lastname@example.org.