From 21 until 27 June the second international Georg Arnhold Summer School on Education for Sustainable Peace took place in Braunschweig, Germany. The summer school was organized by the Georg Eckert Institute [www.gei.de] in partnership with the International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ) on the theme of “Transitional Justice and Education: Engaging Children and Youth in Justice and Peacebuilding through Educational Media, Curricula and Outreach”. EUROCLIO Project Manager Judith Geerling participated in the summer school that brought together 20 participants – combining civil society practitioners and researchers that were coming from all over the world to present their research and work on the theme. She discussed the specific role of history education for sustainable peace and transitional justice processes, and presented the work of EUROCLIO, specifically the History that Connects Programme in the Balkans, and established useful contacts for future cooperation.
No items found
No items found
- Would you like to host an Historiana Training at your National Event? – Fill in this Call for Interests July 10, 2019
- The Fatalism of Enmity? In conversation with Mirosław Filipowicz July 8, 2019
- Veendammer Wind: at the crossroads of history, football, and music July 4, 2019
- Call for Applications – Research Fellowships at the Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research July 4, 2019
- Tenure of Dr. Antoon de Baets as Chair at the University of Groningen extended July 2, 2019