EUROCLIO Senior Managers Steven Stegers and Blandine Smilansky just returned from a very intensive week in Moldova. This visit took place in the framework Sharing History, Cultural Dialogue, a regional initiative in which EUROCLIO member ANTIM (Association of Young Historians of Moldova) is participating together with partners in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Ukraine. During the visit, EUROCLIO project coordinator and reporter were able to gather a lot of input from various stakeholders in the field of history education in Moldova. Thanks to the professionalism of their local partner ANTIM and dedication of its President Sergiu Musteata, they had in-depth interviews with students, teachers, school headmasters, teacher trainers and training centers directors, as well as the Minister of Education of Moldova and her staff dealing with history education. The week ended with a very active training Seminar for teachers at the State Pedagogical University in Chisinau, to which Mare Oja from Estonia and Benny Christensen from Denmark contributed. The Seminar was attended by over 80 history educators from across the country. An Event Report is available below, and a Special Report presenting the findings of this exploratory visit will be published before the end of 2012.
No items found
No items found
- Football Makes History*: Understanding migration and the multicultural society through football December 11, 2019
- Opportunity to Join EUROCLIO Board – Call for Candidate December 6, 2019
- Podcast review: A History of the World in 100 Objects by Neil MacGregor December 4, 2019
- The Inter-Allied Women’s Conference as a response to Paris Peace Conference December 4, 2019
- The case for teaching the history of the European Integration November 29, 2019