EUROCLIO Senior Managers Steven Stegers and Blandine Smilansky just returned from a very intensive week in Moldova. This visit took place in the framework Sharing History, Cultural Dialogue, a regional initiative in which EUROCLIO member ANTIM (Association of Young Historians of Moldova) is participating together with partners in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Ukraine. During the visit, EUROCLIO project coordinator and reporter were able to gather a lot of input from various stakeholders in the field of history education in Moldova. Thanks to the professionalism of their local partner ANTIM and dedication of its President Sergiu Musteata, they had in-depth interviews with students, teachers, school headmasters, teacher trainers and training centers directors, as well as the Minister of Education of Moldova and her staff dealing with history education. The week ended with a very active training Seminar for teachers at the State Pedagogical University in Chisinau, to which Mare Oja from Estonia and Benny Christensen from Denmark contributed. The Seminar was attended by over 80 history educators from across the country. An Event Report is available below, and a Special Report presenting the findings of this exploratory visit will be published before the end of 2012.
No items found
No items found
- Controversy and Polarization in European Contexts: Sharing insights from a research meeting in Brussels June 13, 2019
- Historiana: a new source collection on Medicine and Anatomy is now available! May 27, 2019
- 18th Michael A. Sant Memorial Lecture May 27, 2019
- Starting of cooperation with makers TV Documentary “In Europe Now” May 21, 2019
- Introducing our New Executive Director – How to make EUROCLIO future proof? May 21, 2019