EUROCLIO participated in the 3rd Education, Training and Youth Forum that took place on 9-10 October 2014 in Brussels. The Association was represented by Senior Manager Blandine Smilansky and Founder and Special Adviser Joke van der Leeuw-Roord, representing also the European Civil Society Platform for Lifelong Learning (EUCIS-LLL). The Forum was organised by the European Commission and gathered over 300 education, training and youth stakeholders from Ministries, local authorities, trade unions, civil society organisations, and others, working in formal- general as well as vocational -, non-formal and informal education, from early-childhood to adult education. All were invited to reflect and debate on "Future Priorities of the ET 2020 Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training and Synergies with Youth Policy", the title of the event. While the need to ensure that education and training systems deliver better for economic development through fostering employability was at the centre of the discussions, EUROCLIO among others voiced the need to pay more attention to the role of education and training in encouraging civic participation.
In May EUROCLIO in cooperation with new EUROCLIO member the Lebanese Association for History (LAH), organized its first ever regional seminar in Beirut, Lebanon, within the framework of the Mediterranean Dialogues programme. Read all about the trainings and experiences of the 30 participants from Cyprus, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey of the training seminar “Towards a responsible and disciplinary approach to history education in the Mediterranean region”.
- EUROCLIO project is the grand prize winner! Sharing History, Cultural Dialogues as the best project
- History Educators in the Western Balkans Participate in New Training with "Once Upon a Time...We Lived Together. 1900-1945"
- EUROCLIO Secretariat Moved to a New Office Space
- EUROCLIO Publication "Innovative History Education" Published by Ministry of Education
- European Commission Awards EUROCLIO Four Year Operating Grant
- BIDDING IS NOW OPEN for hosting the 23rd EUROCLIO Annual Conference (2016)
- Registration Now Open|Teaching 1815. Rethinking Waterloo from Multiple Perspectives
- SAVE THE DATE: Waterloo 200 International Training 4-8 February 2015