Iryna Kostyuk, history teacher and trainer and EUROCLIO Ambassador from Ukraine, Barnabas Vajda, lecturer in History at the University of J. Selye, Komárno, Slovakia, and Denver Charles, history teacher from Northern Ireland, represented EUROCLIO at the Annual Symposium organised for the third time by the European Network Remembrance and Solidarity.
During this event that took place in Prague at the Czernin Palace - Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic - representatives of 170 institutions and non-governmental organisations from 30 European countries discussed today’s culture of remembrance in the context of this year's anniversaries: the Centenary of the First World War, the 75th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War, the 25th anniversary of 1989 and the 10th anniversary of the enlargement of the European Union to former communist bloc countries. Iryna Kostyuk, Barnabas Vajda and Denver Charles run together a session on Reflecting Remembrance in History Education, 3 case studies on Turning Points in Europe's 20th century History from Northern Ireland, Slovakia and Ukraine.
The EUROCLIO 21st Annual Conference and International Training Course "History Education beyond Borders. How can we share our Cultural Heritage?" in Ohrid (Republic of Macedonia) just ended. Participants from all over Europe and beyond went back home after 6 intense days of learning, sharing and reflecting together on their professional practice as history, heritage and citizenship educators. Once again, this very special gathering offered multiple opportunities for out-of-the-ordinary encounters and exchanges to an enthusiastic group of EUROCLIO old and new members and friends.
More pictures and stories of the event will come soon!
- EUROCLIO Contributes to First World War Centenary Conference in Vienna
- EUROCLIO Annual Conference 2015 is Open for Registration!
- Debating the role of History Education at the European Parliament
- EUROCLIO at the winter session of the Council of Europe Conference of iNGOs, 27-30 January
- Historiana Learning Team meets in London to test online apps and further develop Learning Section
- Fruitful final History that Connects editors meeting in The Hague
- NEPC/EUROCLIO Event on Teaching History for Democratic Citizenship, 31 January 2014, European Parliament, Brussels
- Deadline for registrations is extended to 1 February: Register and offer your workshop in Ohrid Conference