The EUROCLIO International Training Seminar organised in Braine-l’Alleud, Belgium on 13-14 February 2015 gathered around 40 history educators from all over Europe to learn, exchange and reflect on the theme "Teaching 1815. Rethinking the Battle of Waterloo from Multiple Perspectives".
A varied and dense programme offered participants opportunities to deepen their understanding of the history of the battle, with a special focus on its impact at European and global levels, on the way it is remembered and on the relevance of this topic to teach about war and peace nowadays. The hospitality of the local partners contributed to make this Seminar an enjoyable and enriching international gathering of history enthusiasts.
On 21-25 March 2016, EUROCLIO, in close partnership with the colleagues in Northern Ireland, is hosting the 23rd Annual Professional Training and Development Course on the topic "Remembering the Difficult Past through History and Heritage Education", and we invite anybody with all interested history, heritage and citizenship educators, as well as historians, curators, writers, journalists, artists, archivists, geographers, film-makers, musicians, playwrights, activists and enthusiasts to consider to attend this special and intensive course! The good news is that Funding is available!! Erasmus+ funding is available for school and educational organisations to promote transnational mobility of educational staff. The bad news is that the deadline is coming very soon on 4th of March 2015! For more information on how to apply for the funding please:
- Take note of the course page in the EC School Education Gateway here
- Ask the International/Mobility colleagues at your institute if an Erasmus+ Application is already in progress!
- Use our Toolkit (on EUROCLIO International Training Page) to learn more
- New partnership launched with EUSTORY for Elsinore Annual Conference
- EUROCLIO Challenges the European Parliament to Identify Places of European Remembrance
- Advisors and Spanish Educators Provide Valuable Feedback for Decisions & Dilemmas Project in Madrid
- WISE Qatar Pushes the Global Agenda for Innovation Toward Quality Education
- "Once Upon A Time...We Lived Together" Language Editions Available
- Sharing History, Cultural Dialogues Project: involving schools in piloting and peer-review
- Vote For Joke Van der Leeuw-Roord As Councillor In The New Europeana Association
- Debating Policy Priorities at the European Education, Training and Youth Forum