EUROCLIO acquired a new project within the Historiana programme: “Innovating History Education for All”. The project will run for 3 years (from 1 September 2014 until 31 August 2017) and is implemented by EUROCLIO in partnership with Webtic, Mount School York, the Educational Research Institute and the Georg Eckert Institute. The project will result in a needs assessment, cross-border historical source collections, online learning tools and activities, a multi-lingual user’s guide and a report on educational policies and curricula. At the moment we are looking for history educators to join the core team of history educators that is responsible for the development and testing of the online learning tools and exemplar applications. More information about the call for core team members can be found here: Call for Core Team Members Historiana 2014.
In October, the current EUROCLIO project in the Black Sea Region “Sharing History, Cultural Dialogues” has entered the stage of piloting and peer review of the edited versions of the teaching modules developed in the framework of the project.
A series of secondary schools and history and citizenship educators in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine are cooperating in the process of piloting and peer review of the modules. Piloting and peer review are being streamlined with several guiding questions which will be in the end reviewed by the Editorial team in preparing the modules for the final publication.
The piloting and peer review will continue until the end of 2014 and will be followed with the final editing, translation, design and respectively the printing of the publication. Between 5-7 November the Coordinators of the project convened in Kiev to jointly discuss the next steps in the project.
- Vote For Joke Van der Leeuw-Roord As Councillor In The New Europeana Association
- Debating Policy Priorities at the European Education, Training and Youth Forum
- EUROCLIO and Lebanese Association for History Host Regional History Teacher Training
- EUROCLIO project is the grand prize winner! Sharing History, Cultural Dialogues as the best project
- History Educators in the Western Balkans Participate in New Training with "Once Upon a Time...We Lived Together. 1900-1945"
- EUROCLIO Secretariat Moved to a New Office Space
- EUROCLIO Publication "Innovative History Education" Published by Ministry of Education
- European Commission Awards EUROCLIO Four Year Operating Grant